Good day and welcome again to Equity, a podcast concerning the enterprise of startups, the place we unpack the numbers and nuance behind the headlines.
This week, Natasha was joined by TC+ reporter Rebecca Szkutak to wade via the information of the week. It was frantic, it was full, and forgettable it was not!
Right here’s what we acquired into:
- Fast be aware from Becca on Neumann’s return and if follow-on funding will probably be a chance for Move — given some investors reactions.
- Our two offers of the week embrace an progressive step for listening to assist startups and a new take on international money transfer.
- For listening to loss tech, a brand new FDA ruling permits listening to aids to be bought over-the-counter. We dove in to how this regulatory change helps open the door for startups to innovate in the category.
- Talking of regulatory pains, we spoke about how employee-benefits startups might escape cost cuts as firms search to retain expertise. Don’t find out about you however I’d desire to lose free meals over psychological well being help.
- We ended with notes on two geographies.
- Trying on the Midwest, we talked about how LPs aren’t backing funds within the area this 12 months regardless of many VCs contemplating it to be one of many safer areas to speculate proper now.
- Evaluating the Southeast and Midwest, we spoke about how decrease valuations are serving to gas each areas to have an excellent 12 months.
And that’s all for now. We’ll catch you subsequent week, and within the meantime if you happen to’re feeling as much as it, think about leaving us a great rating on Apple Podcasts. It goes a great distance.
Fairness drops each Monday at 7 a.m. PDT and Wednesday and Friday at 6 a.m. PDT, so subscribe to us on Apple Podcasts, Overcast, Spotify and all of the casts.
Leave a Reply