In Novembar final yr, Frederic wrote about Lumigo‘s $29 million Series A round led by Redline Capital. The corporate makes a cloud-native software monitoring and debugging platform and has raised a complete of $38 million since its launch in 2019.
In the latest installment of my Pitch Deck Teardown sequence, I’m past excited to share the deck it used when it raised its Sequence A final yr. We’ll check out the complete deck and break down the three issues I really like, three issues that may very well be improved and focus on a number of different highlights that founders can study from when they’re elevating a Sequence A within the present fundraising local weather.
We’re searching for distinctive pitch decks to tear down, so if you wish to submit your individual, here’s how you can do that.
Slides on this deck
- 1 — Cowl slide
- 2 — “In a Nutshell”: abstract slide masking the market, downside and answer
- 3 — “Good to fulfill you”: workforce slide
- 4 — “Cloud Native Evolution”: market traits slide
- 5 — “The Yr of Cloud Native”: market evolution slide
- 6 — Drawback slide
- 7 — Resolution slide: answer overview
- 8 — “Lumigo’s Resolution”: answer slide (tracing)
- 9 — “Lumigo’s Resolution”: answer slide (managed companies)
- 10 — “Monitoring and Debugging in the identical device”: product slide
- 11 — “Buyer Case Research”: use case slide
- 12 — “Case Research”: typical buyer progress overview
- 13 — “Case Research”: how the issue is presently solved
- 14 — “Case Research”: how the issue is solved with Lumigo
- 15 — “Cloud Native Observability market”: market evaluation (redacted)
- 16 — “Forecast”: monetary forecast interstitial slide
- 17 — “2021 EoY Goal”: monetary projection graph slide (redacted)
- 18 — “GTM”: go to market slide
- 19 — “Abstract & Ask”: abstract of the presentation and the ask and use of proceeds slide
- 20 — “Thanks”: last closing slide
Three issues to like
Lumigo was gracious sufficient to let me share its full 20-slide deck, with solely two notable redactions: The workforce advised me that its market evaluation (slide 15) and monetary projections (slide 17) have been commercially delicate. That makes excellent sense. The remainder of the deck is a masterclass in storytelling, with a slew of actually elegant little particulars for find out how to inform the story of a really complicated firm in a extremely aggressive market. I liked how Lumigo made the story come to life by utilizing a case examine to drive the narrative (slides 11 to 14). Let’s dive in and take a look at some particular slides:
Among the best workforce slides I’ve seen
It’s actually arduous to place collectively a great workforce slide, not least as a result of each workforce is as various because the individuals it contains. Having mentioned that, understanding what questions VCs sometimes ask about groups will help make it come to life. “How did you meet?” is a simple query and helps get the dialog going. “When did you meet?” tends to assist gauge how properly the founders know one another. That’s necessary as a result of the investor is contemplating whether or not to put a really massive wager on a small group of people who find themselves going to be within the stress cooker of startup founding collectively for the foreseeable future. Founders who solely not too long ago met generally is a threat.
Leave a Reply