Coinbase has made yet one more addition to its C-suite. The cryptocurrency buying and selling platform has employed Brian Brooks, the previous govt vp, common counsel and company secretary of Fannie Mae, as its chief authorized officer.
The hiring is a part of the corporate’s effort to develop its authorized, compliance and authorities affairs groups. Mike Lempres, who till now held the chief authorized and threat officer title, will transition into the function of chief coverage officer.
“From the time it was based seven years in the past, Coinbase has been a number one advocate for the adoption of cryptocurrency,” Coinbase CEO Brian Armstrong stated in an announcement. “We’ve engaged proactively with regulators as we constructed services and products that enable individuals to purchase, promote and use cryptocurrency everywhere in the world. Lately, the trade expanded sooner than we may have imagined with an explosion in buyer demand and entrepreneurial exercise pushing the capabilities of the ecosystem ahead. As this pattern continues, it’s extra vital than ever that we contribute to a public coverage and regulatory atmosphere that fosters innovation whereas defending traders.”
Brooks joined Fannie Mae in 2014; earlier than that, he was the vice chairman of OneWest Financial institution and a managing associate on the legislation agency O’Melveny & Myers.
The information comes someday after Coinbase announced the hiring of Michael Li as VP of data. Li had spent the final seven years at LinkedIn, most lately as its head of analytics and information science.
Right here’s an up to date round-up of Coinbase’s different notable 2018 hires:
- Michael Li, VP of knowledge (September). Li was beforehand the pinnacle of analytics and information science at LinkedIn.
- Tim Wagner, VP of engineering (July). Wagner was beforehand a common supervisor at Amazon Net Companies.
- Jeff Horowitz, chief compliance officer (July). Horowitz was the previous world head of compliance at Pershing.
- Jennifer Jones, chief accounting officer (July). Jones joined from EY, the place she was a senior supervisor.
- Alesia Haas, chief monetary officer (April). Haas joined from New York-based various asset administration agency Oz Administration.
- Balaji Srinivasan, chief know-how officer (April). Srinivasan joined via the corporate’s acquisition of Earn.com, the place he was CEO.
- Rachael Horwitz, VP of communications (April). Horwitz was previously a associate at Spark Capital.
- Tariq Meyers, world head of belonging and inclusion (April). Meyers was previously the head of diversity and inclusion at Lyft.
- Emilie Choi, VP of company and enterprise growth (March). Choi joined from LinkedIn, the place she was head of company growth.