Beforehand, the writer supplied an in depth overview of the technical due diligence (TDD) process buyers conduct earlier than injecting money into early stage startups.
On this follow-up, he provides an in depth guidelines for C-level executives and senior managers who’re chargeable for serving to VCs decide whether or not their “codebase is protected sufficient for funding.”
- Clarify the way you acquire consumer and buyer suggestions.
- Present a pattern subset of probably the most granular consumer/buyer suggestions you acquire.
- Present the outcomes of the synthesis of consumer/buyer suggestions.
- Present the final 12 months of product administration knowledge for Engineering (e.g. Jira tickets). How a lot was spent on new options / performance in comparison with upkeep? What are the main objects on the listing?
- Clarify the roadmap for the following 12 months.
Code high quality
- How a lot does Finance spend money on tech debt prevention and remediation? In safety danger prevention and remediation? In IP danger prevention and remediation?
- Which software program languages do you employ? Is using new languages managed?
- Is a refactoring being thought of or probably wanted?
- Which testing strategies do you employ and what’s their breadth? Do you carry out unit checks, automated checks, handbook QA testing, and consumer acceptance testing? Share the newest outcomes from every kind of take a look at.
- Is a line-level scanning software akin to SonarQube in place? If sure, share a pattern report.
- Is third-party code managed by way of a supervisor, saved within the code, or each? Why?
- Describe your structure and supply architectural diagrams.
Leave a Reply